Are you Stuck between Building a Website and paying for a domain or hosting plan? Well in this Article we would be showing you how to build a Website for free in 2020, Step by Step with No steps Skipped.
What is a Website?
According to Wikipedia, A website is a collection of web pages and related content that is identified by a common domain name and published on at least one web server.
And that is it! It’s really that simple, but if you don’t understand I would explain in simpler terms.
Let’s take a house for example, if you wanted to go to a friend’s house, you would first of all need your friends house address, where you would find your friend’s house in this case, your friends house is a website address; also I want you to consider every floor in that address as a page of a website, your friends house could have many floors(web pages) or even other houses (sub domains) in the address.
To Build your website the two basic things you need are;
1) Domain Name
2) Hosting Plan
Buying a domain Name simply means buying the right to an address on the internet which could point to a specific location in a web server. and your hosting plan is simply a space in the web server where in our example, your friends house (website) which contains all your files, web pages, videos and etc, would be stored.
In this Article I would be showing you step by step how to get the both for FREE.
Where to get a Free Domain and Hosting plan,
I have scaled through so many articles and videos on the web on how to get a Free website, most of which are outdated or obsolete, but these sources below are here to stay and would probably be around for a long time;
Freenom is a domain registrar that provides unlimited free domains that last for one year. The only limit is that you can only register the Following TLS .ga, .cf, .tq, .ml, .gq
You can visit freenom.com to get a free hosting account, in the next section I would be showing you how to use freenom.com to get a Free Domain and hosting
000webhostapp.com offers Absolutely free web hosting with cPanel, PHP & MySQL for a stunning blogging start. Get free website hosting together with a free domain. It’s absolutely the best choice for you if you wish to start out a simple Website, infact we would be using this in many of our tutorial videos on how to build different websites, although there are limitations which I would be discussing in further sections of this article. You can sign up by clicking here https://www.000webhost.com/free-website-sign-up. In the next section I would be showing you step by step how to set up everything you need about your website.
Steps to Get a Free Hosting and domain
Steps to get a free Hosting and domain from freenom.com
1) Visit https://www.freenom.com/en/index.html?lang=en (freenom)
2) Click the drop down menu and sign up or login if you have an existing account, after verification and successful login, revert back to the homepage with the link above.
Note: on the login page click on remember be, before login
3) Now in the text field type in your preferred domain name (we would use test in this tutorial) and click on the check availability button
4) Now you would see the available domains that are free, clicked the “Get it now” button on your preferred choice, in this case we are kind of greedy so we are clicking all.
5) Once you are done with the selection a check out button would appear at the top of the section, you can click the checkout button to proceed.
6) Click on the monthly option and select (12months ) which is also free for all domains selected, then click on the “continue” button to proceed,
7) Now click on ‘Complete order’.
8) Go to https://www.cloudflare.com and get yourself an account.
9) Click Add a site in Account Dashboard.
10) Type in your domain and click Add site.
11) Select plan Free and click Confirm plan.
12) Cloudflare will scan for existing DNS records. Wait until it finishes, and click Continue.
13) will give you two nameservers that you need to set in Freenom.
14) Go back to Freenom. Click Services > My Domains. You should see all domains you’ve registered. Click Manage Domain on the domain that you’re configuring.
15) Click Management Tools > Nameservers > Use custom nameservers (enter below). Now enter the nameservers provided by Cloudflare, and click Change Nameservers.
16) Go back to Cloudflare, click Done, check nameservers. It will take a while, so please be patient.
17) You can Create a FREE Hosting plan for your domain name by signing up to Amazon free Website hosting, or Google cloud free website hosting.
2) Steps to Get a Free Hosting and domain with 000webhostapp.
1) Visit https://www.000webhost.com/
2) Look for the Hosting plan that goes for 0.00USD and click on free sign up
3) After Signing up and Verifying your Email you would be redirected to the members page, click on your preferred selection in this tutorial we would be using WordPress, so we clicked on the create a website> add your preferred domain name> create a website using WordPress>adding our WordPress backend username and password> install WordPress and then you have Successfully installed WordPress in your backend;
Your domain would be;
and then you can go ahead to build your website, if you are completely new to website design then you are in the right place, at Ventacademy we would teach you how to build different kind of Websites for free Step by Step. You can also visit our courses page to learn Website design from scratch, for FREE!!
Thanks for reading this article on How to build a Website for free in 2020, you can view more articles or comment below